LUXURY CANAL BOAT HIRE - OXFORDSHIRE
RYA Inland Waterways Helmsman Course and Inland Waterways Crew Course
Narrowboat tuition and widebeam canal boat tuition on the River Thames and on the Kennet and Avon Canal
Boat Tuition in Reading
Learn how to drive a narrowboat or widebeam boat in a relaxed informal atmosphere.
- RYA Inland Waterways Helmsman Course and Crew course offered
- Tuition on your own boat or on one of our narrowboats or widebeam
- Learn how to go through Thames Locks and Canal locks
- Boat tuition tailored to your requirements
- Ideal if you are thinking of purchasing a narrowboat or widebeam boat or have just bought your own
- Book an individual place, 2 places or 3 places. Discounted rates for 2 and 3 people booking together
- With a max of 3 students on any one course, this provides ample opportunity for practising your skills
- Ladies only courses available and very popular
- Courses usually completed in a day. Price includes RYA handbook and certificate
My River Cruising
- Better Boating Caversham, Reading RG4 8EX
WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU, CALL US ON 07780 887 172
Review of Boat Gina -beautiful narrowboat on River ThamesLeft on May 26, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
We enjoyed an excellent four days cruising on the Thames, travelling through some beautiful and unspoilt stretches of river from Reading as far as Clifton Hampden near Oxford and returning to Henley via the beautiful villages of Sonning and Shiplake. We were able to see many red kites, kingfishers, herons, grebes and so much wildlife. A very relaxing time, the boat Geanna handled very well and it was an enjoyable challenge lining it up for the locks and finding places to moor. We had all the facilities we needed in Geanna for cooking - with fridge, freezer and dishwasher - sleeping - with en suites in all three bedrooms - relaxing - with tv in the saloon and seating outside at the front of the boat and we would not hesitate in recommending myrivercruising to anyone wanting to discover new parts of the countryside on a boat. Jane and Rob were extremely helpful and they did all they could to make our holiday a truly memorable experience.
Loved your boat we can not wait to take our family our booking is on its way. We were delighted that you won.
After watching Four in a bed seeing your boat Geanna I knew you deserved to win. I worked for a hotel boat company and I have to say what a beautiful boat you have. I will doubt you will need to advertise and I would like to say you both deserved to win the all way through. Myself and my girlfriend will book Geanna one day next year for a wide beam experience.
Just a quick email to say a very big thank you for such a wonderful stay!! We had a memorable time on your amazing boat! You have thought of everything to make for a VERY comfortable stay…I’d like to move in! Also thank you for taking time out on Boxing day to take us for a trip! It was brilliant! We will definitely back and I’ll be telling everyone of this little treasure. Many thanks
We had the most fabulous time, cruising down the Thames. Couldn’t recommend highly enough! The boat is beautiful and we loved watching the amazing houses, waving at people on the bank and having a good girlie catch-up in the sunshine. Thank you so much.