How about taking a short break holiday on a boat over Christmas or New Year’s Eve?
With Christmas and New Year’s Eve just around the corner, what better way is there to unwind from the stress of the Christmas buildup but by escaping on a last minute holiday? Or maybe you need accommodation for family or friends over the Festive Period? Maybe you are looking for an unusual venue for new years Eve parties where accommodation is thrown in?
We have the answer! Boat Geanna, winner of Channel 4’s ‘Four In A Bed’ is currently moored outside the Bel And The Dragon pub in Reading. This might seem an unusual holiday destination, but in the Winter period this is ideal. Why?
1) Reading has excellent train connections from London (only a 28 minute journey), Birmingham and most major cities in the UK. There is also a direct train from London Gatwick Airport and a regular coach service Railair Link from London Heathrow Airport. The boat is moored within walking distance from Reading Train Station. This makes it ideal for family or friends meeting up from all parts of the UK.
2) The mooring is right outside the Bel And the Dragon restaurant. This is a superb restaurant and pub with a high standard of interior furnishing and we ca’nt recommend the food highly enough. It has a great ambience and provides an excellent choice for socialising with friends and family.
3) Why not enjoy the hospitality of the Bel And The Dragon with a fantastic meal and party on New year’s Eve and then walk back the yards to the boat. No need to find taxis or drive.
3) No need to get bored over the Christmas period. By just walking along the towpath, discover the old Abbey ruins and Reading’s history. After a short 10 minute walk you’ll arrive in the thriving Oracle Shopping Centre and its cafes and restaurants that line the canal front. The Vue cinema is also located on the canal side.
4) Free car parking. This is a real bonus. No need to pay expensive car park charges in Reading town centre. Ideal if you want to hit the January sales or do last minute Christmas shopping!
5) Only a short car journey away, you can visit Windsor, Legoland, Ascot and London.
Admittedly, Reading is not a rural location, but it is on the River Thames and the walk on the River Thames Tow path makes a perfect Boxing Day activity with the family, ideal for feeding the swans and ducks and of course great for burning off the excesses after Christmas Dinner.
Boating holidays on the River Thames are seasonal and largely weather dependent. This holiday is an all weather holiday as Boat Geanna remains moored up throughout your stay. No need to worry about the boat being cold, the fuel burner on board and the central heating make this a very cosy warm boat.
As a cheap holiday break this works out as great value for money, whether you are a couple or even more so if there more of you. The boat can sleep up to 11 people but can also quite easily accommodate a family. The beds are comfy too and the kitchen is more than big enough to cope with the biggest of Christmas Turkeys. The dishwasher on board means no washing up either.
To book a Christmas break click on this link which will take you to our live calender and online booking. GO TO BOAT GEANNA AVAILABILITY & BOOKING
or to just find out more contact us. CONTACT US